Do you want your home to be converted to a smart home but don’t know how? Mentioned in this post are 10 of the best home automation ideas to convert your home into a smart home. Keep reading.
The rise in living standards, improved internet connectivity, and advancement in technology has resulted in phenomenal growth in the usage of smart devices. However, many users are still not aware of how a complete integration of smart devices into a single network can make life easier and fun.
Benefits of Automation
Consider this- you get up in the morning, and the air conditioner switches off automatically, you step into your living room, and the lights turn on automatically. You go to the bathroom for a shower to find hot water running. Sounds futuristic? Not anymore. And no, you don’t have to change the present wiring of your home. With smart home devices, you don’t have to worry about the basic digital chores anymore.
Top Home Automation Systems for Your Smart Home
Here are the basic ways to implement home automation devices that can do wonders to your home
- Master Controller: A master controller integrates different devices into one single home network. It can work with various technologies across multi-user, multi-device apps.
- Remote Controlled Home Appliances: You can switch on /off and remotely control your Oven, Geyser, and other home appliances by installing a single Z-Wave enabled device and connecting it across the appliances. These devices use low-energy radio waves for intercommunication of appliances and are easy to use.
- Smart Air-Conditioners: You can control your AC cooling through an app by connecting your AC to a remote controlling app on your phone or laptop. Not just cooling, but you can switch off/on from miles away or even set schedules when you want the AC to switch on or off every day.
- Motion Sensors: No more worrying about someone sneaking into your home. Motion sensors can detect any physical motion within a range to alert you about any intruder. From getting an alert on your smartphone to even alerting the authorities, you get 360-degree security even when you are miles away.
- Controller Devices: It’s 7 AM, and the radio starts automatically. Because you can schedule it that way. Not just radio: lights, even the fan speed can be controlled through such devices.
- Automatic Curtains: Have trouble getting up in the morning? A micro-motor controller can fulfil that childhood dream to up or down the curtains at a scheduled period without you leaving the bed!
- Indoor Camera: An indoor camera is fast becoming a necessity in this day and age. It gives you peace of mind from constant worrying about your loved ones.
- Emergency Signal Button: An emergency signalling system such as a one-push auto dialer is very important If you have old parents staying with you. These systems are immensely easy to use for an aged person. All a person needs to do is to push a button, and the system will trigger an automatic emergency SOS to alert the help.
- Control all your Devices through a Universal Remote: One universal remote can be configured to operate all the interconnected home automation devices such as door locks, sensors, thermostats, etc. It greatly helps to remove the clutter and seamlessly operate multiple devices from a single point.
- Audible Alarm: If you live in a big house, you can’t afford to be complacent with safety and security. What if some stranger enters your house at night through the backdoor. Just install a smart sensor alarm. It will give a distinct alarm on detecting any trespassing.
The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Initiate these steps to upgrade your sweet home to a sweet and smart home by installing a home automation system. The goal to achieve a convenient and hassle-free smart home is quite easy once you trust a reliable home automation company.